1. Will you be doing anything special for RSD this year (in-stores, giveaways etc)?
We’ve done instore performances in previous years, but nothing special planned this year, it’s come round really fast.
2. Which release(s) do you personally most want to get your hands on this year?
The Robert Glasper remix EP looks good, Nas performing Illmatic live with the National Symphony Orchestra, Prince Fatty featuring Omar & Fatlip, Mac Demarco demos, Goat & Snarky Puppy 10 inches.
3. What time did the queue start outside your shop last year?
Think the first people were there at 6… long before we were!
4. What’s your favourite part of RSD?
Just the fact that so many people turn out to support independent record shops, the atmosphere is always really good and it’s nice that people make an effort. It’s a pretty exciting event for shops.
5. If you could change one thing about RSD, what would it be?
Some of the prices on the products are pretty steep, and there are perhaps a few too many releases.
Don’t miss Record Store Day, on 21st April.
Follow Rarekind Records: